1) Never forget the Great Commission.
–Why are you doing what you are doing? The Great Commission is our motivation.
Every person has an eternal soul which will spend eternity in heaven or hell. This means
every child, every teenager, and every adult walking on the face of this earth has an
eternal destiny. We have been commissioned to affect their destiny.
2) Never allow your calling to stalemate.
-What are you doing to enrich yourself and your ministry? Praying in the Spirit, reading books that challenge and meditation are the coals of fire that keep us fresh and relevant. What flows into our life affects what flows out. Allow the springs of the Spirit to flow into your soul.
3) Never become perfunctory in what you do.
-If you can do it without a fresh anointing, you will reap the temporal not the eternal.
Even the most elementary hearer can tell whether it is fresh from God or just warmed up left overs. Less of the Spirit means more of the flesh, which do we want to leave with people? I have met many eloquent speakers in my day but only a few touched my spirit. People will be quick to forget the words we speak, but will remember for years the Spirit’s anointing
4) Never place a program over people.
–If success of a program is more important to us than people than we will continue to have
ideas but no one will be listening. It is only the anointed gospel which transcends time. All methods have a shelf life. With that being said, there are good ideas and bad ideas, so choose wisely on what you are hinging your ministry.
Leon Freitag – AG superintendent ND district.
Brother Freitag and his wife Diane are the superintendent’s of the ND District Assembly of God. Julie and I are ordained with the North Dakota district.
During the month of June I decided to keep track of all the people we talked to on the street during our evangelism outreach. It is our Diary of Souls! A typical round of evangelism consists in a song, a testimony, an illustrated message and then personal evangelism.
I asked our evangelisers if they would write down the following in our “Diary of Souls”.
- Name of the person you witnessed to
- What country they are from
- Did you pray for them?
At Ontheredbox, God has blessed us with people willing to evangelise with us 6 nights a week.
At the end of the month of June, this is what we discovered.
- We talked to 400 people about their eternity.
- They came from 40 different countries.
- We prayed for over half of them.
Keeping a Diary of Souls has it’s benefits.
- You can see some visible results. You are making an impact.
- The evangelisers stay very encouraged seeing who God brings to us.
- We then pray for each of them by name in our prayer house.
Assignment: Begin keeping a Diary of Souls in your own life and ministry. You may be surprised at the results!
When someone tells you they don’t believe in a literal hell or they think that it is an eternal beer party with their friends, what can you tell them? What does Jesus say about the subject?
No one likes to think about a real place called hell. I don’t even know anyone that enjoys preaching about it. It is a dreadful topic. Hell and fire are mentioned 31 times in the New Testament. Jesus mentioned it 21 of the 31 times. Jesus was constantly warning folks about the dangers of being cast away on that Great Day.
The unpleasantness of the subject can be no excuse for us not preaching about it. Think of it this way.
If Jesus was willing to drink the bitter cup of the Cross so we could escape the sufferings of hell, are you not willing to preach on the bitter subject of hell so people can escape it’s sufferings?
In the following presentation I have only taken ONE of Jesus teachings on the subject of hell. Two guys die. One goes to Paradise and one goes to Hell. From it we learn 12 horrible truths.
So, when you converse with someone and they are unaware of the realities of this place of punishment, take them to Luke 16 and show them what Jesus said.
HELL: 12 Horrible Truths – Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires
Download a PDF version of the presentation. PDF download
p.s. Have you seen the teaching on “The Consequences”? In it you will learn about Eternity and what to expect. Click here.
When folks look at Ontheredbox style evangelism at a distance, what they want to know is, “Do you see results by preaching Ontheredbox? Does that method work.” Churches and evangelists are looking for something new and creative that will result in more people in the church and more people saved.
Here are four things to help you stay focused and encouraged.
- Be obedient and do what God tells you. Your ideas of what you think “work” usually don’t coincide with God’s ideas. God gives you the ability and grace to do specifically what He calls you to do. Results are not your goal, obedience is.
- Give what you have. God freely gives YOU something. Give that away freely. You can’t give away what you don’t have. I stand on a box and proclaim. It is what I have to give. You may paint, write or do sports as your “red box”.
- The important thing is the Message, not the Method. We are commanded to PREACH as we GO on our way through life. The Gospel Message can be dressed up in many ways. Be creative in your Method but never change the Message.
- Visible results are not a good way to measure effectiveness. The majority of “results” are unseen. God advances His kingdom in the unseen realm when you are obedient to freely giving what He has given you.
Help us make our prayer house “permanent” in Madrid.
Give toward our project.
If you watched the last two videos of The Four Columns of the Evangelistic Message, you will be able to sympathise with the students in our class. After elaborating in detail about SIN, GUILT, JUDGEMENT and HELL, I called for a coffee break! Nobody wanted coffee. They wanted GOOD NEWS!
The Solution and The Invitation.
Today we conclude our series on this teaching with THE SOLUTION and THE INVITATION. Pack-jammed full of good news, you will learn what Jesus did for you on the Cross and what you must do to receive eternal life.
If you want to take our Basic Training Course, we offer it for free online. In the course we offer these videos, some reading material, tests and a bunch of homework that gets you out on the streets to put into practice evangelism. We will help you become more effective at soul winning!
So let’s get to the Good News in today´s video.
Jesus Christ died on the Cross to save you. Will you turn to Him and surrender your life to receive Salvation?
If you can’t see the video, click on the image below.