Your thought life is filthy, you live in the mire of sin and would love to change – but you can’t. That is, until you have an encounter with Jesus at the Cross!
Ontheredbox presents THE CROSS
The Cross: the solution to your problem. This four minute video continues the series of animated videos explaining the foundation of the Gospel message.
Missed one of the first three videos? Check them out below.
It is easy to say you believe. Here are five proofs that your faith is authentic. If you have truly been born from above and on your way to heaven, then these five things will be evident in your life.
Click play on the image below to see the 5 slides.
Download the PDF here.
Five proofs that you know God – Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires;
- You do not practice sin.
- You do what is right in God’s eyes.
- You love fellow Christians.
- You overcome sin, temptation and the world.
- You believe Jesus was sent by God to save you.
*Special thanks to the Apostle John for sharing this with us.
It is common for evangelistic ministries to count salvations. ONTHEREDBOX is not in the habit of doing so. There are several factors that convince me counting is not a great idea.
1. HOW DO I KNOW IF SOMEONE IS SAVED?
The story of the sower talks about four people who heard the Gospel. Three “got saved”, but in the end, only one brought forth fruit. It is pretty difficult to know, in the end, who will persevere. Demas was a “fellow worker” with Paul the Apostle in the ministry but in the end deserted Paul because he loved the present world.
2. WHAT EXACTLY AM I COUNTING?
A lady on the street told me that someone got saved. “They said the prayer, and that is the most important thing,” she said. So are we counting a prayer? Do we count those that raise their hand in a church service or respond to an altar call or those that fill out a contact card? Do we count church attendance or baptism? I suppose there are numerous ways to count, but none of them reveal genuine conversions to Christ.
Doesn’t the book of Acts give numbers of people saved? Not really. But it does give the approximate numbers of those that received the Word, were baptised and added to the church. (Acts 2:41)
3. WHY AM I COUNTING, REALLY?
The times I have counted, my motive was so other people would think well of me. I wanted folks to know that my evangelistic methods worked and that I was effective. It is the same reason why I like to take pictures and video when there is a larger crowd listening to our open-air preaching. Pretty sad.
ONTHEREDBOX says things like:
- We preached to so many tonight…
- I talked and prayed with 4 people today.
- Someone came to church and responded to the call of repentance and faith.
- So many received the Word, were baptised and added to the church.
LET GOD COUNT
“Aren’t numbers important to God?” I would image they are. So why don’t we let Him do the counting? God has a book in heaven called the BOOK OF LIFE. He is the only one that knows the names written there. You could ask Him how many people have been Born Again through your ministry, but I think you might have to wait until judgement day to find out!
The idea is that God receive all the glory for those that repent. How about we enjoy being co-laborors with Christ and leave the results in His hands?
A read through Revelation will give you a great idea of what we will hear when we get to heaven. Not only that but we will get to join in on the praise and worship! So consider this list your choir practice. You don’t want to be caught not knowing the words!
- Salvation (belongs to our God)
- True and Righteous are your judgments
- Great and marvelous are Your works
- For the Lord our God Almighty reigns.
- Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come.
- Worthy to receive Glory, Honor and Power
- Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honorand glory and blessing
- Blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.
- Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever Amen.
- Give praise to our God