In our Prayer House at Ontheredbox, we use the Scripture as our prayer book. Take Romans 12 for example. Here you have a list of 20 things Paul encouraged the Italians to have in their life. I want these characteristics in MY life! I want them in the life of those on my evangelism team and in my church.
I have prepared a simple slide presentation to help you pray biblically for others. As you intercede for someone else, God is sure to work the same in your life as well.
How to Pray for others – Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires;
Click below to watch the slide presentation or if you would rather download it as a PDF version, you can do so here.
Use this guide to pray for others. It is taken from Romans 12.
How to Pray for Others
- Love. Be genuine in your love for others.
- Hate. Abhor what is evil.
- Cling. Cling to what is good.
- Honor. Show honor to others.
- Zealous. Not lazy in zeal.
- Boiling over. Fervent in spirit.
- Hope. Rejoice in hope.
- Patient. Patient in tribulation.
- Constant. Constant in prayer.
- Generous. Contribute to the needs of the saints.
- Hospitality. Seek to show hospitality.
- Bless. Bless those who persecute you.
- Rejoice. Rejoice with those who rejoice.
- Weep. Weep with those who weep.
- Peace. Live in harmony with one another.
- Humble. Do not be haughty.
- Lowly. Associate with the lowly.
- No vengeance. Repay no one evil for evil.
- Give. Feed and give drink to your enemy.
- Overcome. Overcome evil with good.
Also, Andrew Murray has a great 31 day guide that I have prepared so you will receive one email a day for a month. It is free
and worth signing up for. Guide to intercession. https://confirmsubscription.com/h/i/C379C575B83FC1F0
As you evangelize, people will ask about the results. If you don´t have a good answer, then you might be tempted to feel like your evangelism style doesn’t work and you might even feel like quitting.
Never forget that you do your evangelism by FAITH. Let me say that another way.
Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. (Heb.1:1 NCV)
If you were building your kingdom, then you could use the world’s marketing techniques to measure your results and effectiveness. God, however, builds His Kingdom in the unseen realm.
You need to settle it within your heart that you never see the majority of what God is doing through you.
Your obedience to planting and watering the Gospel, ALWAYS has results in the unseen realm. God knows how to build his own Kingdom. He tells us to plant and he commits Himself to make the seed grow,
- In the unseen.
- Without your knowledge.
- Many times without measurable results.
My prayer for you today is that you would not get discouraged as you labor in God´s invisible Kingdom.
1) Never forget the Great Commission.
–Why are you doing what you are doing? The Great Commission is our motivation.
Every person has an eternal soul which will spend eternity in heaven or hell. This means
every child, every teenager, and every adult walking on the face of this earth has an
eternal destiny. We have been commissioned to affect their destiny.
2) Never allow your calling to stalemate.
-What are you doing to enrich yourself and your ministry? Praying in the Spirit, reading books that challenge and meditation are the coals of fire that keep us fresh and relevant. What flows into our life affects what flows out. Allow the springs of the Spirit to flow into your soul.
3) Never become perfunctory in what you do.
-If you can do it without a fresh anointing, you will reap the temporal not the eternal.
Even the most elementary hearer can tell whether it is fresh from God or just warmed up left overs. Less of the Spirit means more of the flesh, which do we want to leave with people? I have met many eloquent speakers in my day but only a few touched my spirit. People will be quick to forget the words we speak, but will remember for years the Spirit’s anointing
4) Never place a program over people.
–If success of a program is more important to us than people than we will continue to have
ideas but no one will be listening. It is only the anointed gospel which transcends time. All methods have a shelf life. With that being said, there are good ideas and bad ideas, so choose wisely on what you are hinging your ministry.
Leon Freitag – AG superintendent ND district.
Brother Freitag and his wife Diane are the superintendent’s of the ND District Assembly of God. Julie and I are ordained with the North Dakota district.
During the month of June I decided to keep track of all the people we talked to on the street during our evangelism outreach. It is our Diary of Souls! A typical round of evangelism consists in a song, a testimony, an illustrated message and then personal evangelism.
I asked our evangelisers if they would write down the following in our “Diary of Souls”.
- Name of the person you witnessed to
- What country they are from
- Did you pray for them?
At Ontheredbox, God has blessed us with people willing to evangelise with us 6 nights a week.
At the end of the month of June, this is what we discovered.
- We talked to 400 people about their eternity.
- They came from 40 different countries.
- We prayed for over half of them.
Keeping a Diary of Souls has it’s benefits.
- You can see some visible results. You are making an impact.
- The evangelisers stay very encouraged seeing who God brings to us.
- We then pray for each of them by name in our prayer house.
Assignment: Begin keeping a Diary of Souls in your own life and ministry. You may be surprised at the results!